Durban – The mother of KwaZulu-Natal girl Amahle Mthimkhulu, who was kidnapped last week, said she was relieved that her daughter was back at home but added that the 8-year-old was not coping after the traumatic incident.
“I was very relieved when she was returned to us last week, but my little girl is not doing the best at the moment,” mother Mbali Mzimela told News24 on Monday.
She said her daughter still felt the effects and trauma of the kidnapping.
News24 previously reported that Amahle had been snatched by an unknown woman outside Dawnview Primary School in KwaDukuza last Wednesday.
Colonel Thembeka Mbele said two people were arrested at Gateway Shopping Mall on Friday where the girl was found. They were believed to be withdrawing ransom money when police pounced.
Mzimela said her daughter spoke in a much softer voice since the incident.
“She is not speaking up too much. We think it is because the kidnappers were speaking to her in a harsh manner. She is not over it yet.”
She said the little girl also had difficulty sleeping.
“It is just too much for her. She is very disturbed at the moment and finding it difficult to relax and sleep. We cannot blame her because she has been through so much.”
Mzimela added that Amahle also had trouble eating.
“The other day she threw up her food. She is just very uneasy right now and I think the stress of the situation obviously got to her.
“I am very relieved, but I am left with questions. It is not a full relief. I still want to find out who is behind this and why they took my child.”
Afraid of going back to school
Mzimela said she was afraid of sending her daughter back to school.
“I cannot explain how scared I am of letting her out of my sight. Just keep her at home. Even if she gets used to it. What if she goes back and something like this happens to her?”
She added: “This is my child and I just want her to be okay. I wish there was always a way for me to be with her. For now, she is at home, but I will be very concerned when she is back at school.”
Watch: Teddy Mafia’s son-in-law targeted in Shallcross drive-by shooting
Kesavan Isaac Naidoo, the son-in-law of slain alleged Durban drug boss “Teddy Mafia” has survived a brazen attempted assassination on Wednesday, his family confirmed.
The incident took place at about 10am in Shallcross, south of Durban.
Naidoo, 41, is the son-in-law of Yaganathan Pillay – also known as Teddy Mafia.
He was shot twice in a daylight hit on Table Mountain Drive. The incident was captured on CCTV.
“Isaac was shot in both legs and his driver was shot in the hand. Both of them survived. They’re in hospital,” he said.
Pillay said Naidoo was in the back seat while his wife was in the front. The shooting, seen in the footage, takes place moments after they open the doors of their vehicle to get out.
In the footage, a white vehicle can be seen driving along Table Mountain Drive before it is stopped, partially blocking the left hand side of the road. Thirteen seconds later, Naidoo’s vehicle, a white Toyota Fortuna, pulls up.
The back passenger door of the Fortuner is opened, but it is not clear from the footage who the person was who opened it or if they got out of the vehicle.
Naidoo’s wife is seen getting out of the front passenger side of the vehicle and walks towards the rear of the SUV.
Suddenly, four men alight from the stationary vehicle, three of them drawing firearms and running towards the Fortuner, firing multiple shots. The fourth man stands next to the white car.
As the bullets are fired, Naidoo’s driver accelerates and drives past the other vehicle. Naidoo is presumably in the vehicle as it speeds away, but this could not immediately be confirmed.
Pillay said Naidoo was doing “OK”.
Police have been approached for comment, and this story will be updated.
— Yusuf Abramjee (@Abramjee) October 13, 2021
Facebook Down, Instagram and WhatsApp also offline
Facebook is currently experiencing an outage impacting its family of sites including WhatsApp and Instagram.
Most Facebook users are seeing an error message that says ‘This site can’t be reached.’ On Instagram, the error message shows as a 5xx Server Error message.
The outage is impacting users on both desktop and mobile.
“We’re aware that some people are having trouble accessing our apps and products,” Andy Stone, policy communications manager at Facebook, tweeted on Monday. “We’re working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible, and we apologize for any inconvenience.”
We’re aware that some people are having trouble accessing our apps and products. We’re working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
— Facebook (@Facebook) October 4, 2021
Facebook Messenger and Oculus are also experiencing outages.
The first reports on DownDetector.com started around 5pm.
According to The Verge, the issue is likely related to a DNS issue. When Slack experienced an outage last week, it was also related to DNS issues.
Husband killed, wife critical as robbers open fire during Joburg home invasion
A home invasion on Sunday night left a man dead and his wife fighting for her life after they were shot by robbers in Randpark, Johannesburg.
Emer-G-Med private emergency services paramedics found the man had sustained fatal gunshot wounds and he was declared dead.
His wife was also shot several times and was stabilised before being taken by ambulance to a nearby hospital for treatment.
Reports from the scene indicated there were several armed assailants.
Police are investigating the incident.- TimesLIVE
News3 months ago
Skeem Saam’s Koko Mantsha death dismissed as fake news
News2 months ago
N2 Kei Cuttings bus accident leaves 27 dead
News3 weeks ago
Drama As Bujy Bikwa Says No To Men’s Cell
World3 weeks ago
New video shows Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito telling police fiancé hit her during dispute
News3 weeks ago
Shortage of truck and bus drivers in South Africa as in the US and UK