Connect with us

News

Durban victim tells of kidnappers’ argument on killing him for body parts or not

Published

on

phoenix man strangled by wife

Durban – A Bellair resident has expressed his gratitude to Metro Police officers after he was rescued following a 19-hour kidnap ordeal last month.

The 36-year-old man was allegedly kidnapped on April 28 at 3am by masked assailants. He was taken to a place in Inanda where he was assaulted while the kidnappers demanded ransom amounts from his family and friends.

It is alleged the man was kept in a dark room where he was forced to call family and friends asking for large amounts of money in exchange for his freedom. During this time, he was kept handcuffed and repeatedly beaten.

His family opened a kidnapping case at the Ntuzuma Police Station. However, it was the intervention of Metro Police officers who worked together with his family to arrest one assailant during a ransom exchange.

“During the ordeal the kidnappers were arguing among themselves whether to release me or kill me for body parts. I didn’t know if I was going to live or die. The moment the Metro Police officers rescued me I was so grateful. My sincere appreciation goes out to these officers and the Metro Police management as well as the Municipality. You are the best and I am touched beyond words to express my gratitude towards each officer who was involved,” he said.

He will be handing over a cake emblazoned with the Metro Police logo to the officers involved to express his heartfelt appreciation.

“It’s not much but I want to show the officers how grateful I am,” he added.

Head of the Metro Police Unit, Commissioner Steve Middleton praised the dedication of the officers involved.

“It is indeed an honour to have members of this professional calibre and I have conveyed the victim’s sincerest thanks and words he has shared to the officers involved,” said Middleton.

The Metro Police officers involved in the rescue were from the Rapid Response Unit, the Freeway Patrol Unit and the Albert Park Suburbs members.

Facebook Comments Box

News

Skeem Saam’s Koko Mantsha death dismissed as fake news

Published

on

Koko Mantsha, the popular Skeem Saam character acto, real name, Lydia Mokgokoloshi is not dead.

Social media is awash with news of her death which seems to have been fuelled by fake news sites aiming to profit from unsuspecting lovers of the 80 year-old veteran actress.

Lydia Mokgokoloshi, has appeared in many television shows including Muvhango and Bophelo ke semphego.

Mokgokoloshi was born on 27 September 1939, in Polokwane, Polokwane Local Municipality, Capricorn District Municipality, Limpopo.

She is most famous for acting as Koko Mantsha the grandmother of Katlego Pietersen (Patrick Seleka) in the soap, Skeem Saam.

Facebook Comments Box
Continue Reading

News

Watch: Thulani Dlomo an alleged ‘Zuma spy’, hands himself in

Published

on

Thulani dlomo

Thulani Dlomo, the axed former SSA top spy and former SA ambassador to Japan has handed himself over to police on Friday.

Dlomo’s lawyer Philani Shangase said that he handed himself over at his own will at the Durban Central Police station on Friday.

He said Dlomo was not arrested but wanted to clear his name following media reports.

Dlomo was being interviewed by police officers at 17h00 on Friday.

“He has denied all wrong doing,” Shangase said.

Dlomo was suspected to be one of the instigators of the unrest in KwaZulu-Natal and Gauteng.

This is a developing story.

Facebook Comments Box
Continue Reading

News

Residents warned against consuming dead fish washing up at Umhlanga and Umdloti beaches – video

Published

on

The eThekwini Municipality has sent out a warning to residents against collecting and consuming dead fish and crayfish that have washed up on the beaches of Umhlanga and Umdloti, north of Durban.

The public has been asked to refrain from fishing, surfing and swimming on the beaches after a video of the dead fish on the beaches emerged on social media.

The municipality said it was investigating what caused the marine life to die.

“It is considered serious and can affect one’s health if collected and consumed.”

According to reports, run-off water and chemicals reached the ocean through storm water drains after firefighters battled a blaze at a chemical plant at Cornubia started by looters on Tuesday.

WATCH | Outrage after several monkeys and dog poisoned in Umdloti

“The public is advised to refrain from all recreational activities, including fishing or surfing, bait collection and picking up of dead species in this area,” said the municipality.

“Collecting or harvesting of any marine living resource in the area is temporarily prohibited until the cause is determined and the threat has abated.

“Authorities are investigating the source of the pollution and cleanup companies are trying to contain the spill.”

Facebook Comments Box
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2021 TellitallSA