Connect with us

News

Murdered Miguel Louw’s mother ‘a drug user, liar,’ court hears

Published

on

Durban – The mother of slain nine-year-old Miguel Louw of Sydenham had her personal life aired as she took to the witness stand in the Durban High Court on Tuesday.

Raylene Louw was described as a drug user and liar by defence attorney Jay Naidoo who took aim at her lifestyle.

At the centre of Naidoo’s cross-examination in the final session was Louw’s activities the weekend before Miguel went missing.

He said she and her acquaintances had spent the weekend drinking at her home before she went out and left her children alone at home with accused Mohamed Ebrahim.

“They were in his care. Did you know your mother left for a reunion event?”

Replying, she said: “No I was not aware. I thought she was sleeping at home.”

Naidoo outlined the close relationship between Louw and Ebrahim, who on occasion stayed over at her place and interacted with both her children.

He, however, said she had many other friends who spent time at her home, which Louw conceded.

“They were in my life. I call them acquaintances.”

He also highlighted Louw’s Facebook account, saying she had contradicted an earlier statement where she said she had refrained from using social media since her son went missing on July 17, 2018.

“You had said you were not on social media, but there are posts from the days after the accused was taken into police custody weeks later.”

Naidoo then produced copies of her Facebook profile which showed her posting messages even after Ebrahim was arrested.

“You ask for the person who took your son to return them. This despite the fact that the accused was already in custody. Who are you referring to?”

Louw said it was just a general post making an appeal to the public.

She also conceded to previously using drugs.

“Yes, I have used coke [cocaine].”

The case continues on Wednesday.

Facebook Comments Box

News

Watch: Teddy Mafia’s son-in-law targeted in Shallcross drive-by shooting

Published

on

Teddy mafia son in law

Kesavan Isaac Naidoo, the son-in-law of slain alleged Durban drug boss “Teddy Mafia” has survived a brazen attempted assassination on Wednesday, his family confirmed.

The incident took place at about 10am in Shallcross, south of Durban.

Naidoo, 41, is the son-in-law of Yaganathan Pillay – also known as Teddy Mafia.

He was shot twice in a daylight hit on Table Mountain Drive. The incident was captured on CCTV.

“Isaac was shot in both legs and his driver was shot in the hand. Both of them survived. They’re in hospital,” he said.

Read also: Alleged Durban drug kingpin Teddy Mafia killed, suspects beheaded

Pillay said Naidoo was in the back seat while his wife was in the front. The shooting, seen in the footage, takes place moments after they open the doors of their vehicle to get out.

In the footage, a white vehicle can be seen driving along Table Mountain Drive before it is stopped, partially blocking the left hand side of the road. Thirteen seconds later, Naidoo’s vehicle, a white Toyota Fortuna, pulls up.

The back passenger door of the Fortuner is opened, but it is not clear from the footage who the person was who opened it or if they got out of the vehicle.

Naidoo’s wife is seen getting out of the front passenger side of the vehicle and walks towards the rear of the SUV.

Suddenly, four men alight from the stationary vehicle, three of them drawing firearms and running towards the Fortuner, firing multiple shots. The fourth man stands next to the white car.

As the bullets are fired, Naidoo’s driver accelerates and drives past the other vehicle. Naidoo is presumably in the vehicle as it speeds away, but this could not immediately be confirmed.

Pillay said Naidoo was doing “OK”.

Police have been approached for comment, and this story will be updated.

TellitallSA

Facebook Comments Box
Continue Reading

News

Facebook Down, Instagram and WhatsApp also offline

Published

on

Facebook Down, Instagram and WhatsApp also offline

Facebook is currently experiencing an outage impacting its family of sites including WhatsApp and Instagram.

Most Facebook users are seeing an error message that says ‘This site can’t be reached.’ On Instagram, the error message shows as a 5xx Server Error message.

The outage is impacting users on both desktop and mobile.

“We’re aware that some people are having trouble accessing our apps and products,” Andy Stone, policy communications manager at Facebook, tweeted on Monday. “We’re working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible, and we apologize for any inconvenience.”

Facebook Messenger and Oculus are also experiencing outages.

The first reports on DownDetector.com started around 5pm.

According to The Verge, the issue is likely related to a DNS issue. When Slack experienced an outage last week, it was also related to DNS issues.

Facebook Comments Box
Continue Reading

News

Husband killed, wife critical as robbers open fire during Joburg home invasion

Published

on

randpark home invasion

A home invasion on Sunday night left a man dead and his wife fighting for her life after they were shot by robbers in Randpark, Johannesburg.

Emer-G-Med private emergency services paramedics found the man had sustained fatal gunshot wounds and he was declared dead.

His wife was also shot several times and was stabilised before being taken by ambulance to a nearby hospital for treatment.

Reports from the scene indicated there were several armed assailants.

Police are investigating the incident.- TimesLIVE

Facebook Comments Box
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2021 TellitallSA