Connect with us

News

Suspects who ‘executed’ Soweto security guards die in hail of bullets

Published

on

Police have confirmed that two men who were captured on video brutally killing two security guards in Soweto have been killed during a shootout in KwaZulu-Natal.

Brigadier Vishnu Naidoo said the pair were shot dead in a shack in Clermont‚ west of Durban‚ on Monday.

“When police tried to arrest the two suspects‚ Lindokuhle Cebekhulu‚ 24‚ and Mbuyiselo Mthonti‚ 26‚ they resisted‚ which resulted in both suspects being shot dead. There are no reports of any police officers being injured at this stage‚” said Naidoo.

Cebekhulu and Mthonti had attacked the two security guards from 24/7 Security Services near Maponya Mall in Soweto. Footage of the gruesome killing was shared widely on social media. The security guards were named as Eric Ngobese and Boykie Moyo.

Footage of the attack was captured by a high-definition camera fitted inside the vehicle. The vehicle is also fitted with a camera on the outside.

The 30-second video showed the moment Ngobese and Moyo were shot dead in broad daylight at what appeared to be close range. They were clad in their uniforms and bulletproof vests. One of the guards was sitting with an occurrence book‚ used to record incidents‚ on his lap.

‘Heartless criminals’ behind killing of security guards in parked car in Soweto
The attack on two parked security guards in Soweto‚ south of Johannesburg‚ was carried out by “heartless criminals with no regard for human life”‚ …

Moments later‚ two armed men opened fire through the window on the driver’s side‚ seemingly killing him instantly. Shots ring out on the other side of the vehicle and those hit the passenger in the head.

The two gunmen are then seen opening the doors of the vehicle as they search the bodies and vehicle. They then take a firearm from one of the guards while the other lifeless guard is yanked out of the vehicle‚ pulled by his bulletproof vest‚ and thrown to the ground.

The gunmen appeared oblivious to the dash cam‚ which captured their faces and distinctive tattoos.

On Tuesday‚ pictures believed to be of a deceased Cebekhulu and Mthonti were doing the rounds on social media. While their faces were not visible in the images‚ tattoos could be clearly seen on the bloodied bodies.

Geoff Schapiro‚ their employer at 24/7 Security Services‚ told TimesLIVE earlier that the guards were killed by “heartless criminals with no regard for human life”.

Facebook Comments Box
Continue Reading

News

Skeem Saam’s Koko Mantsha death dismissed as fake news

Published

on

Koko Mantsha, the popular Skeem Saam character acto, real name, Lydia Mokgokoloshi is not dead.

Social media is awash with news of her death which seems to have been fuelled by fake news sites aiming to profit from unsuspecting lovers of the 80 year-old veteran actress.

Lydia Mokgokoloshi, has appeared in many television shows including Muvhango and Bophelo ke semphego.

Mokgokoloshi was born on 27 September 1939, in Polokwane, Polokwane Local Municipality, Capricorn District Municipality, Limpopo.

She is most famous for acting as Koko Mantsha the grandmother of Katlego Pietersen (Patrick Seleka) in the soap, Skeem Saam.

Facebook Comments Box
Continue Reading

News

Watch: Thulani Dlomo an alleged ‘Zuma spy’, hands himself in

Published

on

Thulani dlomo

Thulani Dlomo, the axed former SSA top spy and former SA ambassador to Japan has handed himself over to police on Friday.

Dlomo’s lawyer Philani Shangase said that he handed himself over at his own will at the Durban Central Police station on Friday.

He said Dlomo was not arrested but wanted to clear his name following media reports.

Dlomo was being interviewed by police officers at 17h00 on Friday.

“He has denied all wrong doing,” Shangase said.

Dlomo was suspected to be one of the instigators of the unrest in KwaZulu-Natal and Gauteng.

This is a developing story.

Facebook Comments Box
Continue Reading

News

Residents warned against consuming dead fish washing up at Umhlanga and Umdloti beaches – video

Published

on

The eThekwini Municipality has sent out a warning to residents against collecting and consuming dead fish and crayfish that have washed up on the beaches of Umhlanga and Umdloti, north of Durban.

The public has been asked to refrain from fishing, surfing and swimming on the beaches after a video of the dead fish on the beaches emerged on social media.

The municipality said it was investigating what caused the marine life to die.

“It is considered serious and can affect one’s health if collected and consumed.”

According to reports, run-off water and chemicals reached the ocean through storm water drains after firefighters battled a blaze at a chemical plant at Cornubia started by looters on Tuesday.

WATCH | Outrage after several monkeys and dog poisoned in Umdloti

“The public is advised to refrain from all recreational activities, including fishing or surfing, bait collection and picking up of dead species in this area,” said the municipality.

“Collecting or harvesting of any marine living resource in the area is temporarily prohibited until the cause is determined and the threat has abated.

“Authorities are investigating the source of the pollution and cleanup companies are trying to contain the spill.”

Facebook Comments Box
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2021 TellitallSA